When you have a door that is locked and you can’t get the key to turn in the lock, it can be stressful if you don’t know what to do next. There are several reasons that you may be experiencing this. Just like knowing the type of lock you are dealing with is important, it is also important that you get to the bottom of what is keeping the key from being able to turn. Once you understand what the cause is, you are more than likely going to be able to figure out how to get out of the problem at hand. Ninja Locksmiths is here to talk about some of the reasons you may have a key that is unable to turn inside your lock.
Why Will My Key Not Turn in the Door?
As mentioned above, there could be several different reasons your key isn’t turning when you’re trying to get something unlocked. Here are some of the problems you could be facing.
– Wrong Key: This may sound silly, but sometimes the problem is as simple as using the wrong key in the lock. There are many keys that look very similar to one another, and it can happen much easier than you might think. The first thing you need to do is make sure you are using the right key for what you’re trying to unlock.
– Lock is Jammed: When you try to turn the key, do you hear a grinding noise? This can be caused by a lock that is jammed with dirt or rust. Sometimes, you can use a lubricant to loosen it up enough that the key will start working.
– Frozen Hardware: In some parts of the country, the weather actually gets cold enough that a lock can freeze. If there is any ice built up, it can keep the key from turning or even being inserted into the lock in the first place.
– Worn Lock: This is one of the hardest problems to get to the bottom of. This is the last resort that you should look into once all of the other issues have been worked through with no success.
– Worn Down Key: If you have a spare key that will work in the lock, but your main key isn’t working, it could be that the key has been worn down and won’t work any longer. If the grooves found on the key start to wear down, the key isn’t going to work properly any longer.
Automotive, Residential & Commercial Locksmiths & More in Wellington, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Jupiter, Lake Worth & West Palm Beach County, Florida
If you are having issues with a lock that you can’t get open, you can turn to the locksmiths at Ninja Locksmiths to help solve your problem. We will be able to successfully diagnose the issue at hand and get your lock unlocked. Our experience and expertise will ensure you get superior locksmith services every time you rely on us. Call us today!